Air China Review – Customer Flight Ratings
Check-in & Boarding8.1/10
Seating Comfort - Legroom8.1/10
In Flight Entertainment4.8/10
Value For Money4.1/10
Pros Of Airline
- An affordable airline
- Great business class
- Easy ticket purchasing
- Comfortable seating
- International flights available
Cons Of Airline
- In flight entertainment not good
- Average customer service
- Planes are older or outdated
- Food not the best
Our Personal Air China Review
If you plan on flying and wondering if it’s worth it not, here is our own Air China review we put together so you can get a better idea what the airline and experience is like. This will include an Air China premium economy review, as well as an Air China business class review.
Air China is the National carrier and a leading provider of different airline services in China including passenger and air cargo. The company’s headquarters office is in Beijing, which is China’s big hub both locally and internationally. It was founded in 1988 but it is the country’s national airline. In 2007 December, it joined the Star Alliance, which increased its popularity in China.
The company has an extensive fleet of aircraft, mostly Boeing and Airbus models. However, the planes offer passengers maximum comfort during trips. Though their economy class cabins have had issues legroom, their business class offers a great product. It is spacious and located on the plane’s nose. The seats are comfy and do not look too sterile. Air China stopped offering first class products in 2015. But, they have flat lay beds in the business class cabin that suit everyone regardless of their height.
Each seat has a remote operated TV where passengers can watch movies. The headphones available for passengers ensure that what you do not disturb others as you watch. You can adjust the lighting and volume of the TV to suit you and plugin in your earphones if you do not want to use the ones offered in the plane. The pillow and blanket given to each passenger make the flight comfy and enjoyable even in long distance trips.
Pros of flying with Air China
- It is affordable with a classy business product. Their ticket for business class is cheaper than other airlines’ economy class ticket. You save money and travel with extreme comfort.
- The airline has an exceptional business class that is way higher than what other airlines have to offer. Their business class has a 2-2-2 configuration and a quiet environment. The great service and flatbeds ensure all passengers are comfortable and well relaxed regardless of the flight’s length. Furthermore, the food served is suitable for both Chinese and Western travelers. They serve freshly made and delicious meals and give out pajamas to anyone who wants to sleep.
- A flight to China using Air China lands you in Beijing, which is a duty-free shopping hub.
- Tickets are available online and everything on smoothly without any hitches.
Cons of flying with Air China
- Most of the entertainment content is Chinese so, if you are a foreigner on this flight, get ready for a boring trip. What’s more, they do not have any latest movies to keep even Chinese passengers entertained.
- The crew is not friendly and rarely smiles at passengers. They also take longer than expected to respond when requested by passengers.
- Most of the company’s planes are old and do not look good.
- The food is mostly Chinese, and even though it looks great, it’s not tasty. They have two options of foods, but they run out before all passengers are served.
I was happy with Air China despite some hiccups here and there. My trip from Shanghai’s Pudong Airport to Europe was safe and timely. Since there were no major problems, I would still use it again. The business class was a spectacular experience. This is a carrier I can to recommend to someone looking for a greatly priced ticket. It is a great option if you are looking for a cheap flight, but you should not expect a lot.