China Southern Airlines Review – Flight Ratings
China Southern Airlines
Check-in & Boarding7.0/10
Seating Comfort - Legroom7.8/10
In Flight Entertainment7.4/10
Value For Money7.5/10
Pros Of Airline
- Lots of legroom
- Friendly staff
- Cheap airline tickets
- Quality in-flight meal selection
- Quality in-flight entertainment
Cons Of Airline
- Website not very English friendly
Here we put together a China Southern Airlines review for you to read. Not only is this airline incredibly affordable, but it also features all the creature comforts needed to ensure that you reach your destination in good spirits.
Planning your next vacation? Or perhaps you travel a lot for your job? Whatever your traveling need, choosing the right airline can make or break your experience. Think about it – seat plans, food selection, luggage policies, layover timings, and price are just a few of the things that determine whether your trip is pleasant or not. One kink in the chain can cause a decent trip to deteriorate rapidly.
To ensure your travel experience is the best, it’s a good idea to do your research. This is where we come in. There are a ton of airlines to choose from but, they’re not all created equal. Keeping this in mind, our aim is to provide you with concise, comprehensive reviews that help you determine which airline fits your needs the best.
China Southern Airlines Review – An Overview
As you can probably tell by the name, China Southern Airlines is a Chinese operation, with its main hub at Guangzhou Baiyun Airport. Although this airline is scarcely known outside the Western part of the hemisphere, the truth is, it’s one of the best when it comes to service and standards. Not only is it one of the ten biggest passenger carriers in the world, but it also services approximately 200 destinations across North America, Europe, and Asia. It’s also the first airline on the planet to feature both a Boeing B787 and Airbus A380.
Other important info you need to know include:
- Several services available – CSA offers Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and First Class sections to meet the needs of all its clientele.
- Baggage policy – This is different for every flying class. For instance, economy passengers can carry two pieces of checked-in baggage and one carry-on. Business and First-Class flyers can expect a little more leeway.
- Lots of legroom, even when flying economy – A seat on in the premium economy class in China southern Boeing 777 offers 38 inches of legroom and a width of 18.5 inches. This is the same found in many first-class seats on other airlines.
- Friendly staff – From check in to disembarkation, you can count on their crew members to be pleasant and efficient. Furthermore, there are both English and Chinese speaking staff on board each flight to ensure that every passenger is able to communicate their needs easily.
- Cheap airline tickets – Most routes are substantially cheaper than any other airline.
- In-flight meals – There are numerous choices to pick from, whether you are a meat lover or a vegetarian. Plus, if you’re in the mood for something more authentic, it’s possible to dine on a delicious Chinese dish. Just make sure you specify online when booking your ticket so you’re guaranteed to receive your preferred selection.
- In-flight entertainment – All airplanes in the China Southern fleet have a digital in-flight entertainment system. It comes complete with a 9 inch LCD TV featuring over 1200 program options, over 600 hours of top-class entertainment, and more.
- Duty-free purchases – When on a CSA international flight, it’s possible to buy in-flight duty-free goods (like watches, jewelry, wine, eyc.) on the plane.
The Cons Of China Southern Airlines
China Southern Airlines has a number of benefits, that’s for sure. However, there is one thing we think you should pay close attention to before making your final decision. For instance:
Their website and check-in selectivity is a little difficult for English speakers. Unfortunately, some customers said the English version of their site doesn’t always work. Furthermore, when you book with sites like Expedia, it’s virtually impossible to check in using the CSA site. You must do it when you get to the airport. Perhaps getting the help of an interpreter would be beneficial in this situation.
The Bottom Line
If you’re traveling through Asia and Europe and are looking for a cheap, but high-quality, flight you can’t go wrong with this airline. They are one of the top airlines in the business and they are gunning for the number one spot so you can bet their amenities will only improve. Hopefully this China Southern Airlines review has provided you with more knowledge about the company and what to expect. Let their hunger to be the best work to your benefit and book a flight today. Safe Travels!