Hainan Airlines Review – Flight Ratings
Check-in & Boarding7.0/10
Seating Comfort - Legroom7.8/10
In Flight Entertainment7.4/10
Value For Money7.5/10
Pros Of Airline
- Convenient check-in process
- Friendly flight staff
- Have won many awards
- First green airline in China
Cons Of Airline
- Lack of routes
- Staff not not speaking English well
Taking a flight isn’t most people’s idea of a good time. The long lines, luggage fees, long layovers, and exorbitant prices can turn a trip into a nightmare. But, what if it didn’t have to be this way? It doesn’t have to be – not if you book your next flight with Hainan Airlines. It’s not a pipe dream. This Chinese airline is one of the fastest growing on the planet.
It’s easy to see why. They offer an amazing in-flight entertainment system, comfortable seating, affordable prices and more to make your journey significantly more enjoyable. But don’t take our word for it. When taking a trip, it’s important to know what you’re getting yourself into. Picking the right airline can make all the difference.
So to help you make the right choice for your next trip, consider our review of Hainan Airlines.
Hainan Airlines Review – An Overview
Although Hainan Airlines isn’t well-known outside Asia, the truth is, it’s one of the best when it comes to service and standards. In fact, it’s part of the HNA Group, a Fortune Global 500 company whose made its mark in the logistics, tourism, and financial services industries.
This operation strives to provides its customers with the very best. By all accounts, they’ve succeeded. Hainan is the only 5-star Chinese airline in the world according to Skytrax, a British consulting firm that rates the industry. This five-star rating is no accident. Hainan offers several services that you will enjoy.
The Pros Of Hainan Airlines
- Baggage policy: This is different for every flying class. But, the general rule of thumb dictates that baggage limits are factored by weight. For instance, those in economy are allowed 44 pounds, it goes up to 66 pounds for business class, and first-class passengers are allowed 88 pounds of baggage.
- Several methods to check in: Hainan knows that people hate wasting time and standing in long lines. This is why they’ve made checking in to your flight as easy as pie. You can check in online, using their self-service kiosks or check-in desks at the airport, or through your cell phone.
Friendly staff: Hainan employees are as friendly as can be. Plus, many of them are multilingual to ensure smooth communication.
Cheap airline tickets – Most routes are substantially cheaper than any other airline. In fact, when it comes to domestic flights, you’ll find that Hainan is the best-priced option a great portion of the time.
- Its frequent flyer program is worth checking out: Known as the Fortune Wings Club, it allows frequent fliers to collect miles not just on Hainan Airlines, by Alaska, Virgin Australia, and other airlines. When you have collected enough miles, you’ll be upgraded to Elite Member Status, which grants you a ton of perks.
- They’ve won many awards: Hainan has been in service for approximately two decades, a relatively short time when compared to other major airlines. But, this hasn’t stopped them from racking up a ton of awards, like SkyTrax’s “Best Staff Service in China”, “Asia’s Best Business Class 2014 award, and many more.
- They are the first green airline in China: Believe it or not, most of their fleet runs on BioFuel, an environmentally friendly fuel. This is an effort to minimize the emissions caused by the aviation industry in China.
The Cons of Hainan Airlines
There are a number of good benefits, that’s for sure. However, while doing our research, we did come across a common complaint – the lack of routes, at least in comparison to other major airlines. But, it’s important to note that Hainan services approximately 500 routes across North America, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Asia. Plus, it adds new routes just about every month.
The Bottom Line
If you’re traveling through Asia and Europe and are looking for a cheap, but high-quality, flight you can’t go wrong with Hainan. Not only is this airline incredibly affordable, but it also features all the creature comforts needed to ensure that you reach your destination in good spirits. We hope this Hainan Airlines review helps to make your decision making much easier. Safe Travels!
Read more reviews:
- Air China Review – Customer Flight Ratings
- China Eastern Airlines Review – Flight Ratings
- China Southern Airlines Review – Flight Ratings
- Hong Kong Airlines Review – Flight Ratings
- Juneyao Airlines Review – Flight Ratings
- Shanghai Airlines Review – Flight Ratings
- Shenzhen Airlines Review – Flight Ratings
- Sichuan Airlines Review – Flight Ratings
- Spring Airlines Review – Flight Ratings
- Xiamen Airlines Review – Flight Ratings