Hong Kong Airlines Review – Flight Ratings
Hong Kong Airlines
Check-in & Boarding5.7/10
Seating Comfort - Legroom7.8/10
In Flight Entertainment7.0/10
Value For Money6.3/10
Pros Of Airline
- Luxury style at affordable price
- Convenient app for booking
- Great flight attendant service
- Amenity kits provided to customers
- Good in-flight entertainment
- Comfortable seating for passengers
Cons Of Airline
- Food served is not the best
- Company website hard to navigate
- Must print boarding pass, cannot show on phone
Our Personal Hong Kong Airlines Review
You are traveling soon and wondering what this airline is like? Here we put together our very own Hong Kong Airlines review for you to read and get a better idea of what to expect.
Hong Kong Airlines was established in 2006. During the first decade of its operation, it was only available in the Asian region and remained unknown in the western. However, in 2017, the company launched new routes between Hong Kong and Los Angeles and San Francisco to Vancouver. It offers low budget tickets, which have changed the fares between US and Hong Kong. Other lines have had to lower their prices to compete effectively.
The airline was awarded the four-star international rating in 2011 by Skytrax. It is ever expanding internationally and covers almost 40 destinations across North America and the Asia Pacific. However, despite transitioning from a local to a global carrier, the airline is still reliable in Hong Kong.
You can check in online or join a queue that moves very fast. The check-in-agents are extremely efficient and do not delay passengers. They check the passport and bags while answering any questions you may have.
This young airline has a fleet of well-maintained planes. They look new, and most of them are not more than 10 years old. The interior is comfortable with spacious exit rows. All seats have bulkheads and a touch screen with USB and headphone outlets for every passenger. The a350 economy class is quite nice indeed.
Passengers have plenty of movies to watch including series such as Friends and Breaking Bad. Chinese movies are also available plus different Mandarin, and Cantonese shows. Those who love live TV channels such as BBC, CNN and Sport24 are also catered for.
Pros Of Flying Hong Kong Airlines
- This airline offers luxury for passengers looking for affordable fare. The planes are in good condition, and the planes’ interior is magnificent.
- You can book your flight using the company’s app. It is easy to navigate and gives you updates on your flight.
- The flight attendants are fast and offer quality services. They respond quickly and collect garbage on time.
- Passengers are provided with amenity kits. The kits contain items; socks, toothpaste, a toothbrush, a sleeping mask, and earplugs. Passengers are also given complimentary earphones.
- Travelers with medium-sized baggage skip the problem of having to take long baggage collection queues. You stow it in the overhead compartment and get it from there once you reach your destination.
- Passengers are thoroughly entertained throughout the flight. The touch screen at the back of each chair is easy to operate. Besides, there is a USB port to charge your phone.
- The flight attendants are extremely friendly.
- The seats are comfortable and spacious compared to what other Asians airlines offer. The neck and head support is snugly and good enough to keep you comfortable throughout your trip.
- There is free WiFi in planes for anyone who wants to go online during the flight.
What Are The Cons
- The seats do not recline and therefore you have to sit in the same position for as long as the trip last. Besides, there is no sufficient space for your legs. Tall people have a problem fitting their legs in the small space available.
- The food served is not great, and they do not have cold drinks.
- You must print out the boarding pass. The SFO security will not allow you to use the one on your phone.
With the Hong Kong airlines, there are hardly any delays except when the weather is terrible. The only time we got delayed was because of the typhoon that later hit Japan badly. I would fly with them any time as long as they have a flight to my destination. This airline has affordable tickets and gives passengers decent services. What else would I be looking for? It is a great airline to fly with any time. Hopefully after reading this Hong Kong airlines review you are able to make a better decision before deciding to fly.