Sichuan Airlines Review – Flight Ratings
Check-in & Boarding7.5/10
Seating Comfort - Legroom7.6/10
In Flight Entertainment4.5/10
Value For Money7.2/10
Pros Of Airline
- Good safety reputation
- Get rewards from frequent flyer club
- Comfortable seating
- Convenient check-in/booking process
Cons Of Airline
- Food could use improvement
- Customer service is just ok
- No vegan or vegetarian options
A Sichuan Airlines Review
If you plan on traveling or taking a tour soon and looking to read a Sichuan Airlines review before you book any tickets, continue reading. We put together this review based on our own experience as well from what other customers have had to say. You are also welcome to write your own review here on the bottom of this page.
Sichuan Airlines is the largest airline in Western China. Established in September of 1986, it started operations in July of 1988. It offers domestic flights out of Chengdu Shuangliu Airport, Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport, and Kunming Changshui International Airport. Sichuan Airlines also owns Chengdu Airlines. Its corporate headquarters hub is located at Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport in Chengdu, Sichuan.
What Some Customers Are Saying
Keep in mind that not everyone will enjoy their experience, no matter what the actual flight was like. We have searched and uncovered everything we could for this review and quite honestly the negative reviews were greatly outnumbered by those who had a lovely experience. The cost of the tickets alone, is better than most international airlines, so much so that it would take much more than a language barrier and mediocre food to keep us away.
What Are The Pros
- Golden Panda Frequent Flyer Club: Accumulate flight mileage and begin reaping rewards, such as free tickets and other rewards.
- In their entire history, they have encountered only two serious incidents: Jan. 2003- Attempted hijacking with homemade explosives ignited. The hijacker and one passenger were injured. May 2018- The windshield on Co-Pilots side was compromised. Forced emergency landing. Co-Pilot and one flight attendant reportedly injured.
- A number of people have gone out of their way to compliment the piloting skills with Sichuan Airlines, and really, that would cancel out any negative aspect for us.
What Are The Cons
- Although most were happy with the professional and friendly service, some had various issues with the service and/or food.
- A few complaints about the lack of fluent English speakers.
- Does not offer a great vegan or vegetarian menu.
Helpful Tips for Dealing with ANY Airline:
- Be sure to know all of the rules and regulations for your airline (they can differ!).
- Know the baggage loading and unloading procedure.
- Call in advance if you have any special requirements (ie: special food…).
- When traveling internationally, at least attempt to learn the basics of the native language, even when not feasible, giving it a shot goes a long way.
- Be respectful of different cultures.
- Do your research.
- When in doubt, check it out!
Sichuan Airlines carry a higher rating score than what many others airlines have received, however, many of the more negative reviews were more superficial than anything else. With incredibly skilled pilots, I would be more than happy to bring my own food. Almost all customers reported on time or rarely, an hour or so delayed arrivals or takeoffs, I would personally give a 7 out of 10 rating because getting to the destination safely is our number one priority and the pilots seem to ensure, at least, that, on every flight.
In conclusion, despite a few unhappy customers, I think that flying with this airline is a great choice. The price is almost half of some of the competitors, and they seem to offer all-around safe flights. Well worth the few hiccups that you might encounter. We hope that this Sichuan Airlines review was helpful for you to make a good choice when flying. Be responsible for your own traveling and get all of the information before takeoff day! Yilu Ping An! (Roughly: Have a safe trip in Chinese) Happy flying!