Chinese Visa Photo Requirements for Applicants
The People’s Republic of China, simply known as China, located in East Asia is an emerging political power with a population of around 1.404 billion. China, being a unified multi-ethnic country receives hundreds of visa applications daily from which only a few are accepted. If you are planning to apply for a Chinese visa sometime soon then, you have come to the right place. Having a visa is one of the requirements for traveling in China. Here, I will be sharing all of the important Chinese visa photo requirements along with some tips and tricks.
See also: Book a China tour!
If you’re wondering what size is a Chinese visa photo then, do not worry. Here, you will find everything about what is needed in order to get the correct photo for your visa.
Under the instructions provided by the Chinese Embassy in Singapore, all the individuals are needed to submit one photograph while applying for the Chinese visa. The subsequently elaborated necessities of the photograph ought to be satisfied carefully:
Chinese Visa Photo Requirements
- The picture should be a color photograph with a white background, taken recently, at least within the last six months.
- The photograph size should be 48mmx33mm with the following specifications carefully monitored: breadth of the head should be 15mm to 22mm and the height of the head should be 28mm to 33m. Please observe that you ensure that the picture size is as described by the Chinese Embassy.
- While taking the photograph, please face the camera with the complete face and head visible. The face expression ought to be neutral with eyes wide open, lips pressed together and ears visible. Head positions should be less than or equal to 20 degrees left or right tilt and should be less than or equal to 25 degrees up or down tilt. There must be no further movement or objects visible within the photograph.
- All the facial features must be complete and visible with the top of your face focused within the photograph. Eyeglasses are allowed except thick-rimmed, tinted or glare glasses. Hat or any other head wears are solely permissible because of non-secular reasons; however, any facial expression must not be obscured.
- There ought to be no damages or impurities on the photograph, no permeation, or shadow over the face. The picture ought to be in a natural tone, however not over or beneath exposed, red-eyed or distorted.
- The background must be in white or off-white, and that too with no edge frame.
- The quality of the photograph should be clear-cut in high resolution, without any damage, stain, fold or crease.
All the above-mentioned requirements had come into effect from 1st December 2016. Please, take notice that your visa application might also be declined if your picture does not satisfy the mentioned necessities and each of the responsibilities should be taken care of by yourself.
Most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below, I have jotted down some of the most frequently asked questions about Chinese visa photo requirements. I hope these answers will clear any doubts that you have.
Q1 What size is a Chinese visa photo?
The Chinese Visa Application photograph has specific necessities that all candidates should adapt to. If you submit an improper photograph on the web, you will be able to replace it with another photograph before the application is processed, otherwise, your visa application might be refused. What is the appropriate image size for Chinese Visa? A Chinese passport photograph that is 33mmx48mm is the one and solely acceptable standard size.
- Digital Image: the electronic photograph must meet the necessities of horizontal pixels of approximately 354 to 420 pixels and vertical pixels of approximately 472 to 560 pixels. Photograph must be in JPEG image format, within 40KB to 120 KB.
- Paper Picture: the paper photographs must be exactly 33mmx48mm (width x height) or about 1.3×1.9 inches, breadth of the head is 15mm to 22mm, height from chin to prime of the head is 28mm to 33mm, and from head to upper edge is between 3mm to 5mm.
Q2 Can I use a 2×2 photo for a Chinese visa?
The Chinese Visa Application photograph size is often 2×2 inches or slightly smaller. Yes, 2×2 inches size is most well-liked as long as the requirements for head size are nicely taken care of. Therefore, kindly do not attempt to cut the photograph to adjust the picture in the little box provided on the visa form. The size does not need to be the same, slightly smaller is also acceptable. However, no larger than 2×2 inches.
Q3 How do you take a picture for a Chinese visa?
All the Chinese Embassy and Consulates offices do not offer photography services. For the convenience of applicants, some Chinese Visa Application Service Centers provide photo-taking service with minimal charges. You can also get the images taken in a very skilled studio as long as the photograph meets all the standard necessities. Please ensure that while taking the photograph you face the camera with the whole head and face visible.
Q4 Does Costco do Chinese visa photos?
If you are residing in the United States of America and wondering whether Costco does Chinese visa photos or not. Then, let me tell you they do Chinese visa photos as well. For all those who don’t know. Costco Wholesale Corporation, running the business as Costco, is an American multinational firm that offers a variety of services to its members. Costco also provides Chinese visa compliant photo taking services. There are many Costco stores throughout the state, notably within the Kansas town and St. Louis metropolitan areas. Also, if you are applying through a private visa agency do ask for their advice before getting your photograph clicked.
I hope that after carefully going through this article all your queries regarding the Chinese Visa Application Photo requirements are solved. If you still have any query left, do check it out with the official Chinese Embassy and Consulate General websites once. Moreover, you can contact a private visa agency to help you with the Chinese Visa Application procedure.
Have any questions? Leave them in the comments below!