Travel To China Checklist
We put together this travel to China checklist for the things you need for traveling to China. It’s important to bring the right things with you. Knowing what’s required for a fun and successful trip is vital. There are bits of information that people either forget or don’t find out until it’s too late and they end up ruining experiences. The first item one needs is a visa to China.
Without a visa, one will get deported at their expense and even get fined. When applying for a visa, one needs to state what their intention is and how many times they wish to come back. As a tourist, a person will go for the tourist visa. There are options for this; there is the single, dual or multiple entries visa. That applies to US citizens. If one requires a passport or needs to renew it, they should do so before applying for the visa.
Important Things To Bring In China
- Passport with visa
- Credit/debit cards
- Travel/medical insurance
- Cell phone or laptop
- Install WeChat app (for communication and payments)
- Photos of important documents (passport/visa)
- Money (bring Chinese currency in possible)
- Photos of important documents (passport/visa)
- Luggage with locks
- Any maps, guides, embassy contact info, etc.
What to bring when traveling to China are the essentials one would take with them during a trip. They include passport copies and other forms of identification like the driver’s license. Also, a person should bring emergency cash and ATM/credit cards to withdraw additional funds upon arrival and on a needs basis. Make sure you inform your bank back home that you will be coming to China and will be needing to make purchases as well as take out cash from the ATM using your credit card.
Though not everyone goes for it, one should consider getting travel insurance especially because they are increasingly tailor-made and affordable. That extra peace of mind makes all the difference when traveling. Other items are a pen to fill in the entry information and other things that make the flight and stay convenient.
Depending on where you are going to stay in China and if you will be in a hotel or not, you will need some basic essentials as well. It’s better to buy these type of things after you arrive since not only will the cost be cheaper, but you will save extra room in your luggage. Some of the basic essentials you may need are:
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Blow Dryer
- Shaving products
You may want to also bring your own deodorant instead of trying to buy once you arrive. deodorant in China is not commonly used and often difficult for foreigners to find. This is one thing you should consider bringing from home.
One should also bring medication and supplements for treating common ailments such as diarrhea or a cold. Also, there are some universal things a person can carry. They include an adapter needed for China, possible power converter if needed, and everything required to charge electronics.
Clothing To bring To China
When packing for a trip to China, one also has to look at the season they’re traveling in. For the clothes, it helps to know the climate for when packing. July and August are indeed the hottest months with temperatures of 31 °C (88 °F) and December and January being the coldest with average temperatures of -10 °C (14 °F). Overall one ought to consider carrying comfortable shoes, one that can withstand any terrain, and flip flops for when taking a shower or roaming around. What to pack for a trip to China is often overlooked and should pay more attention.
- Video camera for taking photos
- Phone charger with Chinese adapter
- Books, reading material
- Hand sanitizer
- Extra tissue paper
There is also the question of what not to bring to China. For starters, any animal product is not accepted. Same goes for fresh fruits and seeds. Look up travel information for China given by the embassy to know to and not to take. Everyone should adhere to the rules to avoid getting on the wrong side of the law especially when one fails to declare these items.
I hope this travel to China checklist makes it easier for you to know what to bring. If you still are wondering what to know when traveling to China, be sure to check out China travel guide for more information to help you during your trip. You can also hire us as your tour guide in China. Just get in contact with us and we can assist you for any needs.
- 58 Best Places To Visit In China – The Ultimate Guide for 2020
- Best Place To Buy Electronics in Guangzhou – Top 7 Locations
- Best Time To Visit Beijing For Tourists
- Best Time To Visit Guangzhou For Tourists
- Best Time To Visit Shanghai For Tourists
- Best Time To Visit Shenzhen For Tourists
- Best Time To Visit Xiamen For Tourists
- Can I use Google Translate in China?
- Can You Drink Tap Water in Hong Kong? Some Things to Know
- China Landmarks Worth Visiting for Tourists – 10 Best Locations
- Chinese Visa Photo Requirements for Applicants
- Do I need a Visa To Go To China?
- Does Google Maps Work in China? Problems & Solutions
- Famous Buildings in China Recommended to Visit
- How Long Does It Take To Get To China By Plane
- How Much Does a Meal Cost in China? Managing Expenses
- How Much is a Cup of Coffee in China?
- How Much Is A Trip To China
- How to Avoid Getting Sick in China – Tips For Staying Healthy
- How To Overcome Culture Shock In China
- How to Travel From Hong Kong to Guangzhou – 4 Best Routes
- Is Beijing Safe For Tourists? Crime Rates & Safety
- Is Guangzhou Safe For Tourists? Crime Rates & Safety
- Is Shanghai Safe For Tourists? Crime Rates & Safety
- Is Shenzhen Safe For Tourists? Crime Rates & Safety
- Is Xiamen Safe For Tourists? Crime Rates & Safety
- The 12 BEST Things to do in Hangzhou China
- The 12 BEST Things to do in Nanjing China
- The 6 Most Famous Mountains in China Worth Visiting
- The 8 Most Beautiful Places in China to Visit [Scenic Locations]
- The 9 BEST Things to do in Xi’an China
- Theme Parks in Beijing – 10 Best Locations for Travelers
- Theme Parks in Shanghai – 10 Best Locations for Travelers
- Top 10 Things to do in Beijing at Night
- Top 10 Things to do in Hong Kong at Night
- Top 10 Things to do in Shanghai at Night
- Top 8 Things to do in Guangzhou at Night
- Top 8 Things to do in Suzhou on a Weekend Break
- Vaccines For China – What Is Required
- Visiting China For The First Time – What To Expect
- Water Parks in China – 10 Best Locations for Travelers
- What Credit Cards Are Accepted in China?
- What Kind Of Adapter Do I need For China?
- What Not to Eat in China – Food Safety Tips
- Where is The Glass Bridge in China? Best Locations & More